CREATING COMMERCIAL MUSIC
Advertising - Library Music - TV Themes - and More
Series: Berklee Guide
Publisher: Berklee Press
Format: Softcover with Online Media Access
Author: Peter Bell
Produce music for profit! Learn to create commercial music for the contemporary marketplace - for advertising, music libraries, TV, and more. Understand the creative, technical/production, and business skills and practices required to produce commercial music. This step-by-step manual will help you sustain a career as a music creator. Author Peter Bell shares audio and video examples and detailed case studies of his work in the industry, including creating the theme for This Old House, and jingles and scoring for many well-known commercial brands.
You will learn to:
- Produce music for advertising, TV themes, music libraries, and more
- Market your services to direct-to-business clients as well as advertising agencies and other commercial music consumers
- Understand the client brief and the expectations and requirements of advertising songs (jingles), underscores, library track packages, TV music (themes, bumpers, beds), and other formats
- Produce voiceovers, scores and live ensemble and vocal recording sessions, all with high production values
- Develop a sustainable business, considering issues such as business structures, staffing roles and responsibilities, facilities, your reel, contracts, competitive bidding, billing, and other essentials of running a successful music house
Item #: 000278535
MPN or ISBN: 9780876392010
Size: 12" x 9"